Lolo Lovina (‘Red Beer’) is an intoxicating brew infused with Unza, Swing and Balkan Gypsy beats. Created & fronted by Romani- Gypsy singer Sarah Bedak. ‘Lolo Lovina`s music reflects the cosmopolitan identity of an artist, who grew up with three native cultures. The charming and passionate performance of their charismatic singer makes each concert a unique experience.’ She sources musicians from around the globe to collaborate on recording, touring and artistic projects. Lolo Lovina have played at the Opera House Sydney, Havana World Music Festival in Cuba, Guca Festival Serbia, through the Pacific Islands, Macau China, across East & West Europe and at SXSW, Austin Texas. Lolo Lovina’s track Earlthings has over 40,000 rotations on Spotify. Their album Rroma Sapien received a 4 Star review in the London-based World Music magazine ‘Songlines’ (June 2016) RromAntics reaching 23 in the Global Transglobal World Music Charts and Rroma Sapien and RromAntcis both being featured albums on ABC Radio Nationals program, ‘The Daily Planet’
… and we have our own stage… Lolo the Gypsy Caravan Stage!
For more information, contact us
- Sarah Bedak awarded an Australia Arts Council Skills and Study Support Grant for travel to Serbia, Hungary and France, 2010
- Various grants awarded for Lolo Lovina and Lolo the Gypsy Caravan Stage: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. ABC Limelight Award Nomination; 2009
- Boban Markovic Orkestra tour of Australia, 2020
- Havana World Music Fest, Cuba
- Sommerfest Koblenz, Germany
- Hawkes Bay Arts Fest Speigeltent shows, NZ
- SXSW Austin, USA
- Live En Aout Festival, New Caledonia
- Sydney Opera House 40 Anniversary Forecourt Concert
- Australian tour with the New York Gypsy All Stars
- Guca Trumpet Festival, Serbia
- Brian Eno’s Luminous Festival; The Opera House; 2009
- Spiegeltent; Brisbane Festiva
“..a most remarkable band fronted by ...Sarah Bedak – as exotic a flower as you are ever likely to see behind a microphone. To say the sound is infectious doesn’t quite express it...they have people of all ages (and believe me, I saw it) hurling themselves through the air, across the dance floor, inventing moves on the spot, hugging each other with a passion ... I’ve seen bands of all shade play, but I can’t recall seeing anything quite like this! Yes it is gypsy but there are also dollops of Spanish flamenco, Russian, Greek – indeed the music of anyone who likes to party. ”
– Glenn A Baker
“it was about the second or third tune last night when my perspective shifted and I became a human in a room with other humans, having a party, being free, celebrating life and love and joy. This palpable feeling came over me, like if we could just do this often enough, everything would be alright. That it would be a life well-lived....throwing an eternal gypsy party that never sleeps where anything is possible and love and unity triumph over cynicism and mistrust.
– Nic ‘Sonny’ Lewis, beloved audience member, The Basement Sydney, 2017
"(Lolo Lovina)...have created an album that swings from traditional to groundbreaking Rroma music, all imbued with a tremendous sense of fun"
– Lucky Oceans, The Daily Planet ABC Radio National, 2015
“...Traditional Gypsy tunes alternate with Lolo originals here, and the arrangements are solid, tight, classy and brassy.."
– 4 STAR review of Rroma Sapien by Seth Jordan in Songlines Magazine, London UK. June 2016
"Excellent new, vibrant album (RromAntics!) from world-touring, Sydney-based Rrom music band."
– Lucky Oceans, The Daily Planet, ABC Radio National 2016
“..two especial strengths glue the components into a cohesive whole. One is the sheer fun factor: you hear the players enjoying themselves as tangibly as you hear the sound of the drums, saxophone or accordion. The other is Sarah Bedak's voice, which never loses its identity, despite being malleable enough to be breathy, teasing, seductive or vigorous.”
– 3.5 Star review of RromAntics!, John Shand for the Sydney Morning Herald 201
Independently released with MGM Distribution, 9 September 2016
- Rroma Sapien
Independently released with MGM Distribution, 20 February 2015
- Baro Love
Independently released with MGM Distribution 25 February 2009